baby development

Thursday, December 07, 2006

What's good for the gander isn't always good for the goose.

When Ben and I were ready to go to bed last night, Will was not. We fed him, we changed him, I rocked him, I sang to him, we fed him, we changed him. This was the perpetual cycle for about two hours last night. During this time we tried a few times just laying him down and ignoring him to see if he'd go to sleep. Well, for those Huof you who don't know, Will is still sleeping in our room because we haven't even begun working on his room yet. (That's a whole other story.) So, needless to say, even if you have no intentions of getting up and picking up the crying baby, you still can't sleep while he's crying.

I went to the bathroom and came back and Ben had his shooting earplugs in his ears. I rolled my eyes at him. Gave him my usual response to such things "You suck." And tried to go to sleep. My sweet baby was not cooperating with this idea. So, I got up, changed him, took him into the living room and fed him, sang to him, rocked him. He still wasn't asleep but he was doing the heavy eyed thing so I laid him back down and I laid down. Hubby still had his earplugs in.

Now the baby is finally asleep BUT my wonderful husband, because his hearing is significantly diminished, is snoring so loud the bed is shaking. That's not just a phrase. that's not an exaggeration. THE BED WAS SHAKING!!!!!!

Just about the time I was ready to kick him to make him stop, roll over, something, Will started screaming again and I had to get up again anyway. You'll all be happy to know, sleeping beauty went right on snoring.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

You keep telling tales on me and you'll make the other husbands jealous of my brilliant ideas. Got YOU some plugs if you want them, but then I'll have to get Will his own bullhorn.

Love you.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home