baby development

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Baby Update

I saw both of my doctors today, my endocrinologist and my OB. My endocrinologist says all is well. He wants to see me back two weeks after delivery. The OB was a little more interesting however. I've been having sonograms every week for the last several weeks. They've been doing a biophysical profile to check the amount of fluid surrounding the baby, breathing movements, limb extension, and gross motor movemement. Well so far, we've (William and I) have gotten full marks on all 4 items. Today, the fluid was on the low end of normal. So I was instructed to consume as much fluid as possible and go back for another sonogram at 3:15 tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the fluid will be back in a good range. If it's about the same I'll have to go back for sonograms 2 times a week from now on instead of one. If it's below the normal range at any point in time, the likely hood is that they will go ahead and induce at that time. So, we'll see what the sonogram shows tomorrow. I'd really like for this little guy to hang out a little bit longer but we will of course do what ever the doctor believes to be in his best interest. I'll update tomorrow and let you know what the verdict is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! And are you living in the bathroom today?

Hope the sonogram shows good fluid levels. You take it easy!

Love you, honey!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home