baby development

Saturday, November 04, 2006

ABANDONED!

Okay, I know I've been remiss in my posting. It's been almost two weeks since William's birth and I'm sure everyone expects me to post about how wonderful the last two weeks have been. Well, that goes with out saying, so why say it??? Right?!? ;-) Of course my baby is perfect. He's beautiful and he has hands and feet that draw interest everywhere we go. And all though the last two weeks have been wonderful they've also been slightly overwhelming. Everyone tells you how much your life will change when your first baby is born and no matter how many times you hear it, you can't understand it until you live it. Those of you who have children know exactly what I mean.

I am enjoying being a mommy a great deal. I enjoy it more when the sun is up and my baby is awake than I do from 1-3 am when he's so sure it's play time and I can barely hold my eyes open. I have a whole new appreciation for my husband. He's been fantastic since William's birth, doing his fair share of diaper changing, feeding and night time duty. I didn't know just how nice it was until last night. HE LEFT!!! Hubby left yesterday evening to go hunting. William, sensing that his father wasn't here, decided to wreak havoc on mom's sleep schedule. He was down at 8, up at 9. Down at 10, up at 11. Down at 12, up at 1. Stayed up until 3. Down at 3, up at 6. Down at 7:30 and mom had to be up at 8:30 because of my grandparents coming from Abilene to see sweet William. He (of course) slept peacefully until 10:45. My mom was kind enough to hang around after my grandparents visit and give me time to take a little nap.

This evening, other than being awake a few minutes at a time for feeding and changing, he's basically been asleep since 4pm. And while that was really nice because I got a lot of work done on a paper that I have due on Monday, I have a sneaking suspicion that he has evil plans to keep me up again tonight.

That's okay, I've decided that tomorrow night, Ben is on duty all night. He's getting a two for one. I've been on duty alone for the last two nights, and I'm only asking him for one AND he got to go hunting all weekend. That will work right??? Somehow, I doubt it. He has to work on Monday. That dosen't mean I won't try!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound just like a mom! Love you, honey!!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to our world, isn't life grand, and it only get's better.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, from you loving cousin. I do have to say now you know what we've all been talking about. Forget about sleep from now on. You just think they are sweet now just wait til they get up at 2 am and don't go back down til 5 am and you have to be up at 6 am for work. But soon this will pass until he starts teething.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those night feedings like they were yesterday. And it probably sounds crazy, but it was my absolute favorite time. I would sing to Tyler and Hayden, and turn music on and just dance around with them until they drifted to sleep. They're still momma's boys and love to be "rockey-d to sleep" as they say. Even though he can't tell you much, or even asks like he knows you, its what will bond you forever. And when you have a Daddy like William does, he's going to bond really well with both parents. I love you much - enjoy

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home