baby development

Monday, November 13, 2006

Graduate Gripes

The class that I have this semester is with out a doubt the most boring and difficult class I have had in my MANY years as a graduate student. The prof lectures for three straight hours. Most of that telling us his personal stories and how they apply to what ever theory it is were discussing. This would be nice except they are the same stories week, after week, after week.

The tests are "short answer". His definition of short answer is about a paragraph of memorized regurgitation and 25 questions. That's ALOT of freaking memorization. The worst thing, this class has the potential to be very interesting. It's a class on marital and family counseling. So far here's what I've learned, (besides his life history.)

1. There are 1,000,001 ways to screw up your kids and only one way not to and no one can agree on what that one way is.

2. Either Ben and I are really great at being married because we don't yell and scream at each other or we are both suppressing our anger and are doomed to a life of misery or divorce.

3. My prof had a really screwed up childhood.

Well, I'd better quit griping and get busy. I've got a kid to screw up, suppressed anger to discover, and 3 pages of material to memorize for my test next week. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Don't forget, we've got to start screaming at each other too!

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've often wondered the same thing about our marriage. TC and I just don't fight. We don't yell and scream at each other. Now, we do have our disagreements occasionally, but we get it cleared up really quickly and all is well with our world.

I hate when I see something that says couples that don't have knock-down drag-outs are repressing something.

If that's the case, there aren't two better people for us to be doomed with!

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home