baby development

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Perfect

Yep, my baby is perfect.

We had an ob/gyn appointment yesterday and everything looks great. I've gained about 12lbs to date. I really want to keep it at 20 or less total for my whole pregnancy so I guess I'm going to have to slow down on the sonic cheeseburgers that I crave so much. But, I am doing so well at controlling my blood sugar that my endocrinologist sent my OB a letter telling her what a good girl I am. I felt like a 3rd grader whose teacher sent a nice note home to her mommy.

The dr. is going to have sonograms done at each of my visits from now on to check the baby's growth. Because I am diabetic it is likely that the baby will be large so she's keeping an eye on him to make sure he dosen't get too big which wouldn't be good for me or him either one.

The sonogram we had done yesterday was perfect, or so the tech said. She even wrote on my chart, perfect growth.

My doctor also gave me the go ahead to go to my college homecoming even though it is three weeks before my due date. She said that at that point in my pregnancy there's no reason a hospital in Abilene couldn't handle the delivery and since it's my hometown I know my way to both hospitals. I'm not thrilled about the idea of delivering in Abilene with out my doctor BUT if worse comes to worse it'll be okay. My mom told me yesterday that the OB in Abilene that delivered me is still practicing, so I guess we could make it a family tradition.

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know how things are going with my pregnancy. Hope everything is great with everyone else!

3 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

YEA!!!!! You'll be at homecoming!!!!! I could just scream!!!

(but I don't want to scare X-man)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

how can he not be perfect, he's my boy!!!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Everything is perfect. Great News!
Robin

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home