baby development

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tummy Flutters

For the first time today I felt what I am sure was the baby moving. It began before I got out of bed this morning. I, ever the lady, thought I just had gas. Nope, it continued after I got sat down and started working on school stuff after breakfast. After several minutes of "Is it?", "No, surely not.", and "Maybe" he gave me one good kick. Then I knew. Those flutters in my tummy are not gas bubbles, they are little William making his presence known. I couldn't be more excited.

His imminent arrival has been becoming more and more real over the past few weeks. I have pre-registered at the hospital. A friend of mine brought me a box full of little boy clothes. Ben and I registered at Target for all kinds of fun baby stuff. My friend Jenny and my Mom are planning a baby shower. Even though I was doing all of those things, nothing made me more aware of the fact that he really is coming than the flutters he's making.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

That's my son! I'm so excited.

9:05 PM  
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

That is so awesome! And even when the kicks and head butts feel as if he's going to come right on out, you'll still love it!

I kinda miss it...

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home