baby development

Saturday, July 15, 2006

OH MY GOODNESS!! WHAT HAVE WE DONE??





As I mentioned in my previous post, hubby began working on scraping up our kitchen flooring last week in order to begin the large project of laying new flooring in our whole house. Well, he got just about done last night.


As you can see in this picture he is getting up the last of the flooring next to the carpet. So, we get up this morning thinking we've got a little more cleaning up on the floor to do as well as remove the flooring underneath the appliances before we can begin laying new tile.

Somewhere in our morning discussion about the "game plan" for today. One of us, (me) uttered the words "Well, as long as we're going to have everything all messed up in the kitchen we might as well __________(fill in the blank). " That blank got filled in with, paint the cabinets, put new laminate on the counter tops, paint the walls, scrape and retexture the ceiling. Oh my goodness!! What were we thinking??

Not long after this discussion I did what every smart, spoiled rotten, only child, does, I called my mommy and daddy to come help. They came over. Dad helped hubby get up the rest of the mean nasty linoleum and mom and I emptied the contents of the entire kitchen.

Everything that was in the kitchen ended up in the back room, what is supposed to be the baby's room, the room which has an absolute deadline. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home