baby development

Monday, May 08, 2006

Finally, some "Pitter Patter" to go with the "Chit Chat"

I'M PREGNANT! Yep, you read that right. I am 14 weeks pregnant. We've had two OB appointments and everything looks great. We had a sonogram at the 12 week appointment and got to see our little person really looking like a little person. At our 8 week appointment it just looked like a little blob.

We have our 16 week appointment next Thursday. Our 20 week appointment is June 14, two days after our anniversary. We're going to find out the baby's sex on that date.

Thankfully, my nausea pretty much went away right at the end of the first trimester. I am very grateful for this seeing as how I made my mother miserably ill for the first six months of her pregnancy. I have recently apologized for that many times over. So far I haven't felt the baby move but I'm hoping to really soon.

Because of my diabetes I not only get to see the OB once a month I also see my endocrinologist once a month. He says my blood sugars are looking okay for now. He says though that as my hormone levels increase through out pregnancy, my blood sugar is going to be more and more diffucult to control. He seems to think an insulin pump will probably be necessary before the end of the pregnancy. I really don't want to do that so I've been keeping an extra close watch on my blood sugar and really behaving myself at meal time. But, having an insulin pump is better than being hospitalized for the last couple of months before delivery to keep my sugar controlled. Hopefully neither of those things will come to pass.

I will do my best to do a better job of keeping my blog updated. It should be easier since this Wednesday is the last night of my grad class for the semester and I'm not taking any classes this summer. If nothing else, I'll be sure to update after each dr's visit. Thanks to all of my friends and family who have kept us in their prayers and please continue to do so. There's no such thing as too many prayers.

4 Comments:

Blogger SarahB said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news! I'm glad your nasuea has faded. I hope you see a healthy not-at-all shy baby at your big u/s appt!

7:54 PM  
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Yea, yea, yea!!!!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger MommyLuv said...

That is wonderful news! We will definitely keep you in our prayers!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats... i am so happy for you.. i have tried to send some emails, but get them back... so maybe this will be a way to keep connected... you have to keep me updated... i am hoping to come that way soon and i would love more than anything to see ya and catch up... adding ya to the prayer list.... and again soo excited for ya...

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home