baby development

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's a BOY!

Yep, hubby and I are having a baby boy. We went to the Dr. last Wednesday and had a sonogram. If you've read hubby's blog then you already know most of what I'm about to tell you. But, just in case you haven't I'm gonna say it anyway.

We had a 9:00am appointment thinking that the earlier we made the appointment the less time we would have to wait. Well, we sat in the waiting room for less than 10 minutes and they call my name. I walk back and the nurse asks me why I'm there, is something wrong. I tell her "no". I'm here for my 20 week appointment. She looks kind of confused and says, oh, you're supposed to have a sonogram. In my mind I'm thinking "Yeah, and that's what's creating all these butterflies in my stomach." So she tells me they put my folder in the wrong place and the sonogram lady isn't ready for me yet and to go back and sit down. So now I've had my heart up in my throat only to be shoved back to the pit of my stomach.

We sit about another 10 minutes. They call my name again. I go back with a nurse I've never seen before and I'm thinking that something is wierd. Again, I'm asked what I'm there for. Again I state that I'm there for my 20 week appointment. The nurse chuckles and says, sorry, wrong person. Same first name, different last name. UGHHHHHHH!

FINALLY! The lady that I know to be the sonogram lady calls my name and I FINALLY get to have nasty goo rubbed all over my belly. This lady, nice as she is, takes FOREVER telling us the baby's gender. We see heart; healthy. We see spine; healthy. We see bladder; healthy. Then she says "Well, it's got it's hands between it's legs, that usually means it's a little boy." Then she has the hardest time getting a good view of the genitals because my son won't quit playing with himself. Finally she gets just the right angle and says, "Yep, it's a boy." I was so sure I was having a little girl. I said "Is it really?" She says "Yep." and points out just what he had been playing with. Definitely a boy. William Gaston Stennett is on his way.

I was hoping for a little girl but as time goes by I'm getting more and more excited about having a son. First of all it means a lot to my hubby to be having a son. Then I think about my nephew and all of the fun little boy stuff, bugs, dinosaurs, trucks. Hubby wants to teach him to hunt. I want to teach him to ride horses. It's gonna be great.

Now comes the long, long, long list of preparations to be taken care of before William's arrival. So, I suppose I should shut up and go be productive. Wish us luck y'all!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

What a beautiful name! I bet your dad is just beaming!

I know what you mean about a little girl. I had always imagined myself having a little girl. I've quickly come around to trains and bugs!

12:58 PM  
Blogger MommyLuv said...

Congrats! What a fun time...we thought we were having a boy considering there are very few girls on Daddy's side of the family. We were shocked to learn we were having a girl, but we soon adjusted and now we have a little princess soon to be 3 years old.

7:27 PM  
Blogger SarahB said...

Congrats on your healthy little boy!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home