baby development

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

In Response to Recipe Rut

Snarfle mentioned on her blog that she'd been in a recipe rut. Well I have been cooking some new recipes to accomodate the number of calories I'm aiming for everyday. This recipe is one I made for the first time last night. It was easy and it was soooooooooo good.

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Serves: 8

recipe ingredients
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup bottled picante sauce
3 oz. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1 tsp. ground cumin or chili powder
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups bottled green taco sauce

Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
Add onion, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
Add chicken, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, picante sauce, cream cheese, and cumin.
Cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up.
Place enchiladas in a 13 × 9-inch baking dish; drizzle with taco sauce, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
Cover and bake at 350*F for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve enchiladas immediately.

Nutrition Information Per Serving
calories total fat sat fat protein fiber sodium carbs ww points
272 8 3 18 2 924 32 6

I cooked my chicken breasts in the microwave and then put them in a food processor to shred it. It took no time at all. If you wanted you could probably even use canned chicken. It was nice too because since I already had my food processor out, I went ahead and used it to chop my onions so I didn't stand in the kitchen and cry. I would suggest making the oven a little hotter or leaving it in a little longer. They weren't quite as piping hot as I would have liked.

Enjoy!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Oooh, this sounds good! And TC loves mexican food. He doesn't like cream cheese though...was it really noticable in the enchiladas?

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home