baby development

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Have you noticed?

Have you noticed that my weightloss ticker hasn't moved? I know I have. I'm stuck. Part of it is that I haven't been doing as well with dieting as I could (as I should). For example, yesterday, I packed my lunch and ate what I packed, but then I saw everyone with these yummy looking garlic bread sticks from the cafeteria. So, I went out there and bought not one but two. And to make matters worse, I ate both of them even though they weren't nearly as good as they looked. Then last night I got lazy and made cheeseburger mac for dinner. Not on the diet. The good news is I had a small portion size and filled up the rest of my plate with veggies (green beans and sweet potatoes). So, today, I'm determined to eat well.

However, I'm still not getting any exercise and I have got to find a way to do this. I haven't figured out how to work it in to my daily routine now that William is here. I'd love to walk in the afternoons but here are my excuses: 1) There are loose dogs in our neighborhood that are not very nice. 2)The weather has been very cold. I have a gazelle out in the shed. I'm thinking about having Ben bring it in but the problem is I literally don't have ANYWHERE to put it. We have a great workout center here at work but the baby sitter brings William to me right after school and she doesen't get here until right before school to pick him up.

When Mom starts keeping him things get easier. I can leave early and come to work to work out or stay late, either one. So, I'll be able to figure something out after next week. It's this week and next that I'm worried about. If I don't get some exercise in I'm never going to meet my Valentine's day goal which is 10 lbs. Any suggestions??

7 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

I know what you mean about the exercise. I think the last time I went to the gym was around Thanksgiving. If I ever decide the nursery at the gym is competent to watch X-man for 30 minutes, I might get back there!

As for exercise suggestions...
This might feel dorky, but how about walking (or jogging) in place during TV commercials?

9:00 AM  
Blogger ~the ten of us~ said...

I have also been trying to accomplish the goal of getting rid of some extra weight. Some days I do better then others. I think I started about the same time as you, Jan. 1st. So far I have lost 7 lbs but I know it would go better if I made different choices. I just remind myself that I may not ne making the best choices but they are better.

Exercising seems to be something I have absolutely no time for now, all I do is feed Billy and do laundry :o) And the feeding Billy thing is still a couple of times at night, so I am too tired even if I had time.

Currently I have a 10% goal but will decide on a final goal later.

I don't have suggestions right now but I can be a buddy and share encouragement and any ideas I find.
Good Luck !!!
~love Kristi

1:52 PM  
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

You are doing awesome! Slow and steady is THE way to do this. I'm with you, but no more sauteed squash please.

6:27 PM  
Blogger ~the ten of us~ said...

hi again...
I know this is off topic here but I saw the pictures of William at Christmas and there were very, very cute. Can't wait to see you guys and meet him.
~ love Kristi

8:43 PM  
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

What's wrong with sauteed squash? Maybe you should try baking it in the oven. We love that!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

The sauteed squash turned to mush, not the good mush either. Baked is fine, fried is better, and chocolate covered and dipped in Ranch dressing is the best.

No wonder I gained back some weight.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Alright, POST DAMNIT! You have about half a dozen topics that you claimed dibs on, and I'm about to start stealling them. Don't tell me "I need to blog about this". BLOG ABOUT THIS!

Also, lets not get a topic started where you kick my ass and I end up on the couch for a month.

Love ya

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home