baby development

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'M GOING TO PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!

So. . . Ben and I are watching the news a few days ago and see an advertisement for the Dallas Summer Musicals production of Phantom of the Opera. I've had the soundtrack to the stage production for years and have always loved the story and the music. I got Ben hooked on my sound track quite a while back and we both enjoyed the movie that came out recently. So, even though Dallas is not exactly convenient to where we live it's not out of day trip range, I was very excited about the news.

Well believe it or not, I actually didn't think about it for a few days. Yesterday morning at work I remembered and looked it up on the net. I saw that tickets were pretty expensive but also saw that the dates were pretty close to my birthday. So, I send Ben this e-mail with the link to the site.

"Do you think we might be able to go? Maybe as an early birthday for me?I'd really LOVE to go. I figured you'd want to go too! Love you!"

He didn't go into work yesterday because he was at a funeral and I accomplished not to break down last night and beg. So, I kept my mouth shut and figured he'd read the e-mail today. Well, I got to work today and got busy with kids and teaching and stuff and didn't really think about it much. I get back from lunch and I've got this e-mail. . .

"I'll see what we can do, like maybe going on April the 15th at 2pm and sitting in Section F, Row HH, seats 1 and 2. "

It was a good thing I already had students coming in my room when I read this or people all over the school would have heard me screaming and jumping up and down. Since I had kiddos I managed to contain myself.

I mean seriously, do I have the coolest husband or what? Not only did he get us tickets, he got us GOOD tickets. What a man!! I mean honestly, most women couldn't drag their husbands to a musical. Mine bought me tickets! Geez, I'm so lucky.

So now the only question that remains is. . . "Is it April 15th yet???"

2 Comments:

Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Dontcha just love it when your husband does something that's just that wonderful? Sounds like we both got the bestest husbands around!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is awesome! I would say that both of you are very lucky to have such great husbands but I am sure luck had nothing to do with it. Congrats! I am jealous!!!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home