baby development

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Good food, good day, good dogs. . .



Well, the previously mentioned funk seems to have disappeared. This is due mostly, I believe, to some quality time spent with the hubby. We went out to dinner together Thursday evening, then went to Target then to PetSmart. After doing a little shopping we came home and enjoyed the rest of our evening together. It was really nice.

This morning we got up and drove two hours to Abilene to pick up my deer from the processor. On our way we stopped and had a really nice visit with my Grandparents (Hi Granny and Gramps!). Then we went and picked up the meat and headed back toward home. We got home, put the meat in the freezer and left again to head to Ft. Worth so Ben could go to Cheaper Than Dirt! to buy some new really neat ammunition for his deer rifle.

After leaving there we went to Academy so that Ben could use a gift card that he got for Christmas. He decided on a gun cleaning kit. We got that and headed home.

Once we got home, I was itching to eat some of my deer. So, I cooked some chicken fried venison steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy (from scratch), and corn on the cob. Oh my! It was so very yummy. So, I've had a really wonderful day spent with my hubby, visiting my grandparents, doing a little shopping and eating a fantastic meal. Now we've let the dogs in and we're both so full we can't do anything but veg.

Speaking of the dogs, here are a few cute pictures of our "puppers" as we like to call them.




Here is my 62 pound Liberty (Libby) trying to be a lap dog. She's such a sweetheart!




This is Justice, (we call him Bubba more often than not) and I'm pretty sure he's surfing the net. I hope he's not looking at racy doggie pictures!!! I guess his daddy and I should spend a little more time with him and a little less time on our computers. Poor boy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a good day! Nice pictures!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Ok, you made homemade gravy and it didn't come out like spackle?!? I have got to figure that little trick out...others have it down, why can't I figure it out?

Oh, and I'm glad you got the comments turned on. I feel much better now!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home