baby development

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In a funk. . .

I just don't know what my deal is lately. I'm in a perfectly fine mood all day while I'm at work and then I get home and I'm feeling all sad/mad/moody-ish. What is up with that? I mean if I MUST be in this kind of mood I'd much rather be in it when I'm at work than when I'm at home with my hubby and my sweet puppers and my kitties. Anyway . . . hoping this passes soon.

I'm also stuck in a conundrum that I must figure out by Friday. Next month is the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) convention in San Antonio. Last year was my first time to go and I went with the high school band director from my district. He and I were pretty good friends and since it was my first time to go he was nice enough to be my TMEA tour guide.

We have a new band director this year who I really like but who I haven't had a chance to get to know very well and who is taking his family with him to San Antonio. Thus leaving me spending four days in San Antonio by myself. I am definitely NOT wild about this.

I had asked my friend J to go with me but she has a professional convention to attend during those days also. My hubby is going to be super busy at work starting next month so he can't go with me. My Mom has used all of her days at work on doctor visits so I don't feel right about asking her to go with me. I wouldn't ask any of my other friends because all though they'd have a free ride and a free hotel, they'd have to pay for their own meals and entertain themselves all during the day while I was in workshops.

So the question is . . . Am I going to be a big ol' weenie and not go to San Antonio because I'm afraid to go to the big city by myself? OR Am I going to suck it up and make the trip? I have to decide by Friday because that is when pre-registation for the convention begins. I'll let you know Friday what decision I make. Man I hate making decisions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what did you decide? Tell me the dates and maybe I could take a couple days off and spend time with you and Nette?

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home