baby development

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Barf-o-Rama

Well, we woke up to less than pleasant sights and smells this morning. Our poor boy woke up around 6:45 this morning crying. This is unlike him. He usually sleeps until 8am or later unless we get him up.

Ben was going to be home for a little while anyway because he was taking William to his 18 month well baby appointment so I asked him to go get buddy while I finished getting dressed and ready to go to work. The next thing I hear is "HONEY!" So I take off to buddy's room only to find my child and his bed clothes covered in puke.

No sooner had I left the house and Ben was calling me to tell me he'd puked again. Every time Ben put anything in him, including water, it all came right back up. Good thing he already had a dr. appointment considering he'd puked 4 times before 8:30am.

Dr. said he has a stomach virus and should be feeling better soon. (Also said he'd gained 2lbs which is great news for our poor little ethiopian baby. However, I'm sure he lost all of that in fluids today.) Poor Ben stayed home with him all day. Needless to say Ben didn't have the greatest day. He got in lots of snuggle time but the rest of the time he was either listening to a screaming sick baby or being puked upon. Not a great day.

Good news is, sweet guy is sleeping well and has been for an hour and a half now. The hope is that he will sleep through the night and be all better in the morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a rough way to start the day.
That is good news about his weight gain. Give him a hug for us.
Linda

7:21 PM  
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Poor Will! I do hope he gets better quickly. And I hope Ben doesn't catch it!

4:52 AM  
Blogger MJS said...

Well snarfle, your hope that Ben would not catch it did not come true. I came home to a sick miserable hubby today.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Yeah, I hate being sick.

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home